frozen: 2 lb avg Boneless
Porcelet is milk-fed pork, exclusively available in the U.S. at D'Artagnan, and sourced from a single farm in Quebec that raises piglets without antibiotics or hormones. Our milk-fed porcelet is the most tender, sweetest pork you’ll ever cook - and this loin cut is a good place to start. Score the skin and allow the pure-white fat to baste the surface as it roasts in the oven. The golden, crackling finish will be an attention-getter on the table and make for a memorable meal.
- D’Artagnan exclusive milk-fed Yorkshire piglets
- Grown to 10 weeks and up to 70 lbs
- Fed a proprietary, warm milk formula, fortified with vitamins and minerals and carefully balanced fat content
- No added antibiotics, hormones, or growth stimulants
- Air chilled for concentrated flavor and skin which crisps beautifully
- Extra-white, creamy fat contributes to extremely tender pork
- Product of Canada
- Use frozen products within 1-2 days after thawing
- May come as 1 or 2 pieces.
Exclusively raised for D'Artagnan by a single-family farm in Quebec which follows European protocols for cochon de lait, or milk-fed pig. The small-scale farm raises Yorkshire breed piglets in spacious barns with the greatest of care, nourishing them with a unique feeding program.
The piglets are fed a proprietary milk solution that is warmed to the temperature of mother’s milk, on a regular schedule that matches a natural nursing rhythm. This diet allows them to thrive and grow for longer periods of time, getting larger than the average suckling pig, while maintaining the tender texture associated with a much younger pig.