Guinea Hen, Whole
Fall Sitewide Sale
15% OFF Orders $75+
Ends Sunday, October 27th. See details for restrictions.
Guinea hen humanely raised on a small farm in California, with no added antibiotics or growth stimulants. Cage-free conditions and a wholesome grain diet contribute to the high quality and great flavor of these birds, which are air chilled for best flavor and texture. The guinea hen is somewhere between a pheasant and chicken; darker, leaner and slightly more delicious than either.
- Farm raised; humanely and free-range
- Heritage breed birds from France
- All-vegetarian diet of corn, soy, wheat, alfalfa
- No antibiotics, no hormones, ever
- Air-chilled for 24 hours
- Serves 2-4
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Braise, Poach, Stew, Barbecue
Cooking Tips: Guinea hen can be cooked just like chicken, although it has a thinner, leaner skin. A rubdown with butter, duck fat, or a few strips of bacon will add flavor and keep the bird moist. Try adding shallots, citrus, garlic, and/or herbs to the cavity before roasting. Just like chicken, guinea hen should reach a finished temperature of 165 degrees F.