Wild Scottish Red-Legged Partridge
Fall Sitewide Sale
15% OFF Orders $75+
Ends Sunday, October 27th. See details for restrictions.
Frozen / 11 oz avg
Partridge from weekend estate hunts in Scotland. These truly wild game birds forage and eat berries and heather, and get constant exercise, which gives their meat a distinctive flavor. Red-legged wild partridge are plump-bodied little birds with a characteristically lean, mild flavor and tender pale meat. Wild game is only available for a limited season each year.
- Red-legged partridge hunted in the United Kingdom
- Truly wild, never farm-raised
- Serves one
- Eviscerated, giblets not included
- Subject to availability in season (sometimes hunters miss)
- Stock subject to availability: generally from September to February
- Product of Scotland
- Note: Game meat may occasionally contain the shot. Chew with caution.
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Pan-Roast, Roast, Grill
Cooking Tips: Wild Scottish partridge has a mild game flavor and takes all manner of seasoning well. Some of our favorite accompaniments are bacon or ventreche, wild mushrooms, apples, and fresh herbs. As they're lean, barding with bacon or rubbing with butter or duck fat will help to keep the birds moist.