Mushroom Melt Burger
- 5 tablespoons Black Truffle Butter, divided use
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Organic Chef’s Mix Mushrooms, trimmed and roughly chopped
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, divided use
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 Wagyu Burgers
- 4 sandwich rolls
- 1 bunch upland cress, trimmed
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 7 ounces young Fontina cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (1 1/2 cups)
For this burger recipe, Wagyu patties are smothered in sautéed mushrooms and truffled fontina fonduta. Peppery cress and an herbed Dijon spread add a little kick.
Please note that when adding all products to your cart, the quantities of products will be 1 each. Therefore, please adjust the quantities to accommodate your serving portions.
- In a large skillet over medium flame, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of black truffle butter. Add mushrooms, stirring to coat; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and just cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in half of the thyme, cook about 1 minute more. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Finely chop the remaining thyme. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Dijon, and chopped thyme. Set aside.
- Season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper. Cook your patties to desired doneness (we recommend medium-rare), using a hot oiled grill or pre-heated, lightly-greased cast iron pan. Rest the patties on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the fonduta: in a small saucepan, stir together remaining 3 tablespoons truffle butter and white wine over medium-low heat. When the butter is completely melted, add the Fontina and cook, stirring, until the sauce is smooth and piping hot.
- Split the rolls and dress with thyme mayo mixture and the cress. Place patties on top and split the mushroom mixture evenly among each burger. Pour cheese sauce over burgers and place the top bun. Serve immediately.