Wagyu Beef Tri Tip
Wagyu beef tri-tip is a triangular cut from the bottom sirloin. Our authentic Japanese Wagyu stock cattle are raised in the USA without the use of antibiotics or hormones.
Just the facts
- From authentic Wagyu stock
- No antibiotics or hormones, ever
- No animal by-products
- Graded by third party auditor using Japanese BMS scoring system
- Ships in an uncooked state; frozen items may thaw in transit
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
The tri-tip is lean beef – especially for Wagyu. This flavorful cut comes from the bottom sirloin, and is sometimes overlooked for more impressive cuts. The tri-tip is a secret waiting to be discovered.
Try it grilled whole, then sliced thin against the grain. Or cube it for kabobs or chili; cut into strips for stir frys or fajitas. Think of it as an alternative to skirt steak. Slice it thin for sandwiches and salads.
This cut is sometimes called Santa Maria barbecue, after the vaqueros that grilled this cut while on the range. It's a quick style of grilling specific to central California. Enjoy it on your own turf - the backyard grill. Or broil it indoors, flipping it a few times to ensure a seared finish.