Venison Chop, Candied Radishes & Duck Confit Spoon Bread
Yield 4 SERVINGS
- 1 Frenched Venison Ribrack, cut into 4 double chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 pound red radishes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 container Veal Demi-Glace, diluted in 1 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Duck Leg Confit
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 8 ounces Brioche, cut into small pieces
Recipe notesThis simple venison recipe is accompanied by a duck confit spoonbread that would also pair beautifully with roast chicken.
- For the spoonbread: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a bowl, combine duck confit, eggs, heavy cream, and brioche. Stir gently until bread is evenly saturated. Season with salt and pepper. Place in an 8x8" baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- For the radishes: In a medium saucepot over medium heat combine radishes, sugar, and diluted demi-glace. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until the radishes are tender. Strain the radishes out and reduce the liquid until thick and syrupy. Stir in the butter. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Season the venison on both sides with the salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan over medium high heat add the oil and sear on both sides to get a good crust. Cook until medium rare, about 4 minutes on each side. Allow to rest on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes before plating.
- Spoon some of the spoon bread on each plate, add radishes and venison chop. Drizzle with the radish reduction.