Rabbit Saddle, Bone-In
You will find that light and tender rabbit meat works well in any season, and is easy to prepare.
Just the facts
- Californian and New Zealand White rabbits
- Humanely raised
- No antibiotics, no hormones, ever
- No preservatives or additives
- Low in calories and cholesterol
- High in protein and nutrition (USDA states it is the most nutritious meat)
- 4 saddles per package
- 1 package serves 4-6
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
The saddle cut is simply the center of the rabbit, and in this case, it still contains the bones.
This is really the choicest bit of the rabbit. Tender and easy to work with, it is often stuffed with herbs and roasted whole.
We like rabbit in a classic cream sauce with mustard. But it’s as versatile as chicken, so feel free to get creative.
A staple of Italian and French kitchens, rabbit meat is a somewhat rarer pleasure in the United States, though one that is gaining in popularity.