Venison Osso Buco
Fall Sitewide Sale
15% OFF Orders $75+
Ends Sunday, October 27th. See details for restrictions.
Frozen / 4 Pieces (10-16 oz avg each)
Venison osso buco from New Zealand, grass-fed, raised on tall-grass pastures, with no added antibiotics or growth stimulants. As free-range as it gets without being wild, our venison comes from ranches that practice sustainable methods and provide the deer vast pastures in a pristine environment. Our venison is superior-quality lean red meat that offers great taste, tender texture, and health benefits.
- Authentic, Cervena-certified venison
- Every farm practices sustainable farming methods and humane treatment of animals
- Grass fed, pasture raised
- No antibiotics, hormones or steroids
- High in protein, lower in fat and calories than beef
- Four pieces of osso buco per package
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of New Zealand
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cervena venison is a high-quality protein and one of the healthiest red meats available today. It is naturally low in calories and fat, yet packed with nutrients like iron, zinc and B vitamins. According to the USDA National Nutrient Database, venison has about 20% less fat and about 100 fewer calories per 3.5 ounce serving than beef. It's the ideal meat to include as part of a healthy and balanced diet during any season.
Osso buco is a traditional Italian term meaning “pierced bone” and usually refers to the cross-cut shank of a veal calf, taken from the top of the thigh. With its high proportion of meat to bone, our venison osso buco makes for a spectacular variation on a classic Italian favorite. Cook osso buco low and slow to extract all the deep flavors and rich bone marrow. Reduce the braising liquid for a sauce with depth and dimension and serve over a puree of potatoes and celeriac.