Grade-A Duck Foie Gras Slices
Our Grade-A foie gras comes from Moulard ducks, raised in low-stress open barns on a farm in New York State, recognized as a premier producer of high-quality foie gras. The ducks are never caged, and no antibiotics or hormones are administered. These conveniently portioned, raw foie gras slices are cut from our Grade-A duck foie gras—a favorite among our chef clientele for its naturally sweet taste and silky texture.
Just the facts
- Foie gras from Moulard ducks
- Raised cage-free
- Fresh, Grade-A, cold eviscerated
- D'Artagnan foie gras is the highest quality on the market
- Irregular oval shape and firm texture
- Conveniently portioned slices for single serving
- Distinctively sweet flavor profile
- No antibiotics or hormones, ever
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Pan-Sear
Cooking Tips: It couldn't be easier to sear our pre-sliced foie gras. Gently score the slices in a cross-hatch pattern and season quite liberally with salt. Sear in a very hot, dry skillet for about 30 seconds per side. For a classic dish, serve with fig or plum jam and toasted brioche. But don't be afraid to get creative as seared foie gras is surprisingly versatile. Try it with sautéed apples and a cider reduction, on a hot waffle with maple syrup, or as a decadent topping for a burger. The possibilities are endless.