Crispy Mushroom Triangles
Yield about 24 canapes SERVINGS
- 1 package Organic Chef’s Mix Mushrooms, chopped
- 6 ounces Black Truffle Butter, divided use
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon mined garlic
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 8 ounces crème fraîche, or mascarpone
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 16 sheets phyllo dough
Recipe notesOur simple recipe for mushroom stuffed pastry makes a crowd-pleasing hors d'oeuvre, with herbed crème fraîche inside and a black truffle butter glaze.
- Place mushrooms in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 ounces of truffle butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté until translucent. Add mushrooms, stir to coat, season with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms have released their moisture, are dry and lightly browned, about 12-15 minutes. Stir in thyme and continue to cook, about 3 minutes more. Taste for seasoning, add additional salt and/or pepper if needed. Remove from heat and allow mushroom mixture to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together crème fraiche, parmesan, and chives. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Keep the sheets of phyllo in a stack and using a sharp paring knife cut the sheets into thirds lengthwise, to have 48 long strips. Keep the phyllo strips covered with a slightly damp tea towel while working.
- Melt the remaining 3 ounces of truffle butter. Place one phyllo strip on a dry work surface and brush evenly with truffle butter. Top with a second strip of phyllo to create a double layer. Place a teaspoon of the crème fraiche mixture at the top of the strip then add a heaping teaspoon of the mushroom mixture. Fold the top corner over the filling to form a triangle and continue folding as though folding a flag, until the filling is completely encased in the triangle. Brush the outside of the triangle with truffle butter on both sides, then place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Repeat until all triangles are formed.
- Bake until crisp and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Serve warm.