Wild Boar Sausage & Apple Stuffing
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 package of Wild Boar Sausage
- 4 cups stale bread cubes, or unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage leaves
- 1 to 2 apples peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Recipe notesThis versatile bread stuffing recipe is both savory and sweet, with crumbled wild boar sausage and flecks of apple. Try it alongside your holiday bird.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion and cook until soft and translucent. Break up sausage meat into small chunks (about the same size as the bread cubes) and add to the pan. When the sausage is cooked through, add the apples, sage and broth (or water). Bring to a simmer.
- Place the bread in a large mixing bowl and pour the cooked ingredients over the top. Mix thoroughly to moisten all of the bread. Test seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Bake in a covered casserole until completely heated through and starting to turn golden brown on top and around the edges.