Black Truffle Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Yield 4 SERVINGS
- 2lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 8-12 tablespoons Black Truffle Butter, more as needed
- 4 cloves Garlic Confit
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh Black Truffle, for shaving (optional)
Recipe notesThis easy potato recipe is rich with truffle butter, enhanced by garlic confit and inspired by the Joël Robuchon mashed potato recipe with equal parts potato and butter.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add potatoes. Cook until just fork-tender. You don’t want soggy potatoes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and shake well to remove excess water.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl, add truffle butter and season with salt and pepper. Mash the butter into the potatoes with a masher to desired consistency. They can be as chunky or smooth as you like. Alternatively, you can pass the potatoes through a ricer and then mix in butter and garlic confit, making sure to mash garlic into potatoes with back of spoon. Adjust seasoning and top with thinly-shaved black truffle. Serve.