Caprese Burger Sliders
Yield 6 as an appetizer
FOR THE GARLIC AIOLI
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ pound Ground Wagyu Beef
- ½ pound ground veal
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 small ciabatta rolls
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 small buffalo burrata
- 6 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 12 basil leaves, carefully washed and dried
Recipe notesThese summery sliders are bursting with color and flavor. Perfect for a party as is, the same ingredients can be used to make full-sized burgers, too.
- Make the aioli: mash garlic and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in small bowl until a paste forms. Whisk in mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, gently fold together Wagyu, veal, breadcrumbs, and parmesan. The breadcrumbs and cheese should be evenly distributed but be careful not to overmix. Form six small patties, season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Split the ciabatta rolls, brush with olive oil, and toast. Dress with garlic aioli.
- Using a pre-heated and oiled grill or a lightly greased cast iron skillet over medium-high flame, cook the burgers to desired doneness (we recommend medium-rare), turning once.
- Layer tomato slices, and basil on each roll. Drizzle with olive oil. Place patties on top with a portion of burrata. Serve immediately.