Thai-Style Red Curry Chicken
Yield Serves 4 SERVINGS
- 4 Green Circle Chicken, Leg Quarters
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 can full-fat coconut cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce, we used Red Boat brand
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Thai red chili, finely chopped, optional
- 2 makrut lime leaves
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Fresh Thai basil, for serving
- Jasmine rice, for serving
Recipe notesOur Green Circle chicken legs are simmered in rich coconut cream, spicy chili paste, and aromatics for an easy, better-than-takeout dinner in no time flat.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator 20 minutes prior to cooking and pat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a large high-sided saute pan over medium-high flame. Season chicken on both sides with salt and white pepper. Sear skin-side down, until chestnut brown, about 7 minutes; turn and sear about 5 minutes more. Remove chicken to a bowl and set aside. Leave any residual fat/juices in the pan.
- To the pitcher of a blender, add curry paste, coconut cream, chicken stock, and fish sauce; blend until fully mixed, set aside.
- Heat the same pan over medium heat. Add garlic and Thai chili (if using) and saute until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Carefully pour in curry/coconut mixture and add makrut lime leaves, stirring. Add chicken and any accumulated juices back to the pan, nestling the leg quarters in the sauce. Continue to cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through, about 30-40 minutes. If you’d like a crispier skin on your chicken, you can remove the pieces to a sheet pan and broil for a few minutes before serving, but it’s completely optional.
- Before serving remove makrut lime leaves and discard. Garnish with fresh cilantro and Thai basil. Serve with rice.