Porcelet Rib Rack
frozen: 1 Rack (3-4 lb avg)
Porcelet is milk-fed pork, exclusively available in the U.S. at D'Artagnan. We partner with a single farm in Quebec that is expert in raising Yorkshire-breed piglets to grow larger than the average suckling pig. Part of their secret is a proprietary milk formula that contributes to the creamy, pure-white fat that sets porcelet apart. Enjoy the incredible flavor and tender texture in this rib rack - an accessible cut that is easy to prepare. Both the rind and creamy white fat cap on this rack protect the tender meat while it's roasting in the oven, contributing to a crispy exterior that will inspire sighs of delight. Just score the skin and roast to a golden finish, serve whole and then slice into chops at the table for a lovely presentation.
- D’Artagnan exclusive milk-fed Yorkshire piglets
- Grown to 10 weeks and up to 70 lbs
- Fed a proprietary, warm milk formula, fortified with vitamins and minerals and carefully balanced fat content
- No added antibiotics, hormones, or growth stimulants
- Air chilled for concentrated flavor and skin which crisps beautifully
- Extra-white, creamy fat contributes to extremely tender pork
- Product of Canada
- Use frozen products within 1-2 days after thawing
Exclusively raised for D'Artagnan by a single-family farm in Quebec which follows European protocols for cochon de lait, or milk-fed pig. The small-scale farm raises Yorkshire breed piglets in spacious barns with the greatest of care, nourishing them with a unique feeding program.
The piglets are fed a proprietary milk solution that is warmed to the temperature of mother’s milk, on a regular schedule that matches a natural nursing rhythm. This diet allows them to thrive and grow for longer periods of time, getting larger than the average suckling pig, while maintaining the tender texture associated with a much younger pig.