D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: 4
Try this easy recipe for Philly cheesesteak-style burgers with juicy Wagyu beef patties seared in butter and topped with Provolone, peppers, and onions.
- Neutral oil, such as grapeseed or light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 2 large green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2lbs Wagyu Ground Beef
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Giardiniera or pepperoncini, optional
- Gently form four 8-ounce oblong beef patties roughly the same size and shape as your rolls. Season both sides of each patty with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat some oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add peppers and onion. Sauté for about 1 minute, turning peppers and onions to coat. Add garlic. Reduce heat to medium and continue to gently sauté until peppers and onions are softened but not mushy.
- Heat some oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high flame. Add remaining tablespoon of butter. Cook the burgers to desired doneness (we recommend medium-rare), turning once. Top each patty with two slices of cheese. Place cooked patties on split hoagie rolls to rest. Top with peppers and onions. Garnish with giardiniera, if desired. Serve alongside your favorite burger sides – we like kettle cooked potato chips.