Pheasant raised without antibiotics or hormones on a small farm in New Jersey, where the birds live in spacious netted fields. This allows them free-flight, natural behaviors and the ability to forage in tall grasses to supplement their grain diet. Our pheasant is the ring-necked pheasant breed, less common than the more widely farmed Milan-white breed. Pheasant is the most popular- and approachable - type of game bird, with lean and flavorful meat.
- All-natural, free-range, free-flight
- Ring-necked pheasant breed
- No antibiotics, no hormones, ever
- Forage and grain diet
- Raised to an average of 22 weeks
- Serves 2
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Braise, Stew
Cooking Tips: Pheasant is mild in flavor and low in fat, when using a dry-heat cooking method, rub the bird with butter or oil and baste occasionally for added moisture. A pheasant can also be brined or barded with thin strips of bacon. A low oven temperature will ensure pheasant doesn’t dry out. A quick, shallow braise will also yield great results. Allow pheasant to rest for 10 minutes before slicing or serving.