- All-natural, farm-raised, domestic squab
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- High-protein grain diet includes soy, sorghum, corn
- Single serving, sold individually
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking Methods: Roast, Pan-Roast, Pan-Sear, Grill
Cooking Tips: Squab is versatile and will take all types of seasoning and marinades well. Be careful not to overcook; squab is best enjoyed medium-rare. If using a dry heat method, like roasting, pan-roasting, or grilling, cook quickly until meat is slightly firm to the touch and juices run clear. Basting or brushing with fat will help keep the squab moist.
We source our squab from a cooperative of farms in California’s beautiful Central Valley, where they raise the prolific King breed birds. Known for its large size and full breast, this is a breed preferred for its meat.
Inside protected and open barns, the birds are allowed to breed and rear their young in nest boxes. The mated pairs of adult pigeons feed young birds a mix of high-protein grains including soy, sorghum and corn.
The fledgling squabs have never flown and are raised until four weeks of age when they are adult size but before their muscles toughen. As with all our products, no hormones or antibiotics are ever administered.