Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
Yield makes about 2 dozen
- 10 slices Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ packed cup brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter, we used chunky
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
- Maldon salt
Recipe notesWe love adding smoky bacon to sweet treats! These easy peanut butter bacon cookies strike just the right balance of sweet and salty. We won’t tell if you eat them for breakfast.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove bacon slices to a cutting board and coarsely chop, set aside. Reserve ¼ cup of the rendered bacon fat, cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the reserved bacon fat, butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix on medium until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add peanut butter and vanilla bean paste; mix until evenly combined. Add egg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; continue to mix until evenly combined. Add flour and mix on low speed until just combined, be careful not to overmix.
- Remove bowl from the mixer and fold in about ¾ of the chopped bacon. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop 1½” balls of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving 2 inches of space between each cookie. Gently press a wet fork into the top of each cookie to create a ribbed pattern. Top cookies with remaining bacon and flaky Maldon salt, if using.
- Bake until golden brown and soft set, about 12-15 minutes. Cool cookies on the sheet pans for about 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe tips: While excellent on their own, make them yours by adding your favorite mix-ins! Dark chocolate chunks, crushed up dried banana chips, and unsweetened coconut flakes come to mind as good additions.