Mushroom-Stuffed Wild Boar Roast with Black Truffle Sauce
Yield 3-4 SERVINGS
- 4 tablespoons Black Truffle Butter, divided use
- 1 pound Organic Chef’s Mix Mushrooms, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Porcini Powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Wild Boar Mini Roast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Duck Fat, softened
- 2 shallots, 1 finely chopped, 1 thinly sliced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 container Veal Demi-Glace
- 1/4 cup Armagnac
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and blanched
Recipe notesThis roasted wild boar recipe couldn't be easier or more delicious! It's stuffed with mushrooms and served with a black truffle butter pan-sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 3 tablespoons black truffle butter in a large skillet over medium-high flame. Add chopped mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms start to get soft, about 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Season with a generous pinch of porcini powder. Continue to sauté until mushrooms are cooked through. Adding fresh thyme leaves in the last minute of cooking.
- Remove the netting from the wild boar mini roast. Unroll the roast, trim silverskin, if needed. Season generously with salt & pepper. Spoon about ½ - ¾ cup cooked mushroom mixture onto one half of the roast. Fold remaining half over the mushroom mixture. Secure roast well with butcher’s twine. Smooth 1 tablespoon of softened duck fat all over the tied roast.
- In an oven-safe skillet or roasting pan, heat 1 tablespoon duck fat over high flame. Add mini roast, browning on all sides. Place pan in the oven. Roast, uncovered, for approximately 45 minutes, or until an instant thermometer in the thickest part of the meat registers 150 degrees F.
- Remove the roast to a cutting board to rest.
- Place the roasting pan with all of the pan-drippings on the stove over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallots, scraping up browned bits from the pan. Add red wine, demi-glace, and Armagnac. Continue to scrape up any browned bits from the pan. Cook sauce over medium-high heat until its thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Taste for seasoning. Add 1 tablespoon of black truffle butter to finish.
- Heat remaining ½ tablespoon duck fat in a medium skillet. Add blanched green beans and sliced shallots. Toss to coat, cook until shallots are soft and green beans are heated through.
- Slice mini roast. Serve 1 slice with green beans, reserved sautéed mushrooms and sauce.