Korean Chili Butter for Steaks & Chops
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: makes 1/4 pound log
This gochujang compound butter recipe has just the right amount of richness and spice. It's excellent on steak, burgers, chicken, pork chops, and more.
- 2 tablespoons gochujang chili paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 stick (8 Tbs) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Fine sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together gochujang and honey until smooth and mixed. Add softened butter, chili flakes, garlic, and lemon zest. Mix well; season to taste with salt and pepper. Place butter in plastic wrap and roll into a log shape. Chill.
Recipe note: Gochujang chili paste is found in Korean markets, the Asian section of better grocers, or online. Compound butter will keep fresh for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator and 1 year in the freezer.