Grilled Chicken Tikka Skewers
Yield Serves 4 SERVINGS
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup full-fat yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- ½” piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 limes, divided use
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Neutral oil, we used avocado oil
- 2 packs Organic Chicken Tenderloins
- Mint Raita for Grilled Meats, for serving, optional
Recipe notesOur organic chicken tenderloins get an aromatic yogurt marinade before being skewered and grilled in this tasty recipe.
- In a small dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast the cumin and coriander seeds until fragrant, being careful not to burn. Place toasted spices in the pitcher of a blender along with turmeric, garam masala, cayenne, yogurt, garlic, ginger, juice and zest of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon salt, a few grinds of pepper, and 1 teaspoon oil; blend on high until completely smooth, about 1 minute.
- Cut each tenderloin into thirds and place in a non-reactive bowl. Cover with marinade and stir well to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight, stirring occasionally.
- About an hour before you begin to cook, remove chicken from the refrigerator and soak bamboo skewers in water. Preheat an oiled grill to medium-high.
- Skewer the chicken, leaving a little space between each piece. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 8-10 minutes total time, turning as needed. Cut remaining lime into wedges. Serve skewers warm with lime wedges and raita, if desired.