Mint Raita for Grilled Meats
Yield Makes 1 1/2 cups SERVINGS
- ½ large unpeeled English cucumber, halved, seeded, coarsely grated
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
Recipe notesThis simple yogurt sauce is a cooling accompaniment to grilled meats and biryani.
- Wrap the cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze out excess water. Add cucumber to a bowl with yogurt, mint, cilantro, cumin, cayenne, and about ½ teaspoon of salt; mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Taste for seasoning before serving, add salt or cayenne, if desired.