Wild Scottish Pheasant
Frozen / 1.75 lb avg
This product is currently unavailable.
Pheasant from weekend estate hunts in Scotland. These truly wild game birds forage and eat berries and heather, and get constant exercise, which gives their meat a distinctive flavor. Wild pheasant offers a richer flavor than its domesticated counterpart. Wild game is only available for a limited season each year.
- Truly wild, never farm-raised
- Subject to availability (sometimes hunters miss)
- Stock is generally available from October to February
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Eviscerated, giblets not included
- Serves one
- Game meat may occasionally contain the shot, so chew carefully
- Product of Great Britain
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Pan-Roast, Roast, Grill, Poach, Braise, Stew
Cooking Tips: Wild Scottish pheasant has a mild game flavor and takes all manner of seasoning well. Pheasant are quite lean so when using a dry-heat cooking method, rub the bird with butter or oil and baste occasionally for added moisture. A pheasant can also be brined or barded with thin strips of bacon. A low oven temperature will ensure pheasant doesn’t dry out. A quick, shallow braise will also yield great results. Allow pheasant to rest for 10 minutes before slicing or serving.