Ultimate Wagyu, Foie Gras & Truffle Burger
- Measure out 2 tablespoons black truffle butter. Place each in a small square of plastic wrap. Smooth and flatten into a disk shape, about 2" in diameter. Place in freezer until firm. Remove Wagyu patties from refrigerator about 15 minutes before you plan to cook. With patties on a flat work surface, use a paring knife to make a pocket in the center of each patty. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Slide a hardened disk of butter into each pocket and seal well. Season patties with salt and pepper to taste. Remove foie gras slices from refrigerator, set aside.
- Spread softened truffle butter on each bun; toast, griddle or broil until golden. Lightly dress buns with desired condiments, set aside onto serving plates. Dress with lettuce.
- Cook your patties to desired doneness (we recommend medium-rare), using a hot grill or pre-heated cast iron pan. Allow patties to rest on a cutting board while you sear the foie gras.
- Heat a clean, dry skillet over high flame. Season foie gras slices generously with salt. Sear foie gras until lightly browned and caramelized on both sides, turning once. Baste with rendered foie gras fat, if desired. Remove to a cutting board.
- Place patties on prepared buns. Place a foie gras slice on each patty. Serve immediately with duck fat fries or your favorite burger side dish. Bon appetit!