Baby Red Potatoes with Caviar & Crème Fraiche
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: serves 8-10
This recipe for baby potatoes topped with caviar and crème fraîche makes a festive holiday bite or a tasty canape at parties any time of the year.
- 6-10 baby red potatoes, unpeeled and well-scrubbed
- 1½ tablespoons grapeseed or vegetable oil
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 30 grams Ossetra Caviar Malossol
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake until cooked through, about 30-40 minutes; prick with a paring knife to test for doneness. Remove from the oven and let cool. Cut each potato in half crosswise. If the ends of any potatoes are uneven, cut off a thin slice from them so they will stand upright once they are filled. Carefully scoop out a bit of flesh from the center of each potato, creating a shell. Return the potato shells to the baking sheet, hollow sides down, and brush the skins with the oil.
- Return to the oven and bake until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange the potatoes on a serving platter. Garnish each with a dollop of crème fraiche, then using a non-reactive spoon, top with caviar. Serve immediately.