Poussin with Garam Masala
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: Serves 4
This spicy recipe for single-serve poussin transforms chicken into a more elegant and exciting meal. Blogger Cherie Scott of Mumbai to Maine shared her recipe and recommends serving the poussin stuffed with her chorizo rice or on the side, as you prefer.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees on convection.
- Use a kitchen paper towel, gently pat the poussin to absorb any moisture. Salt lightly.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 40 seconds, or gently in a small pot on low heat.
- In the warm butter, add the turmeric, chile powder, paprika, and garam masala. Let the spices sit in the butter to infuse it.
- Brush the birds with the spiced butter, including the cavity. If stuffing the poussin with chorizo basmati rice, do so now.
- Place in a heavy-bottomed pan in the oven for 30 minutes, uncovered.