Herb-Crusted Filet Mignon
- Neutral oil
- 4 Wagyu Beef Filet Mignon
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped mixed soft herbs, we used tarragon, chervil, thyme, and dill
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Remove steaks from the fridge about 30 minutes before you cook. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of neutral oil in a heavy, oven-proof skillet over high heat. Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Sear until nicely browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove steaks to a rimmed plate.
- Stir together parsley and mixed herbs then spread in an even layer on a large plate. Brush edges of steaks with Dijon mustard then roll in the herb mixture. Place steaks back in pan and put into the oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a steak registers 125 degrees F (for medium-rare). Rest steaks for 10 minutes before serving.