Hawaiian-Style Grilled Buffalo Ribeye Steaks
D'Artagnan | Yield: 2
This easy Hawaiian-inspired buffalo steak recipe with teriyaki-style marinade and grilled pineapple has a tropical flavor that's perfect for summer barbecues.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 Buffalo Ribeye Steaks
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pineapple slices
- Steamed rice
- In a nonreactive dish, whisk together soy sauce, pineapple juice, rice wine, honey, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a separate dish, this will be used to brush the steaks on the grill. Marinate buffalo steaks in refrigerator, for about 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Lightly oil hot grates.
- Let steaks stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Remove from marinade, pat dry. Season both sides of each steak with coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Grill steaks for about 3-4 minutes on the first side. Using tongs, flip each steak to the other side and brush with reserved (unused) marinade. Grill for another 3-4 minutes, or until desired doneness. We suggest medium-rare, which would register 125 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Let steaks rest for 5-6 minutes. While they’re resting, grill pineapple slices. Serve with steamed rice and grilled pineapple.