Foie Gras Toasts with Candied Hazelnuts
These easy toast points with foie gras mousse and candied hazelnuts make a great hors d'oeuvre. Rich, creamy, salty, crunchy, and sweet? Yes, please!
- 1 small Mousse of Foie Gras
- 1 loaf raisin bread
- 1 cup of whole hazelnuts
- ½ cup honey
- Coarse sea salt
- Allow mousse to sit at room temperature for ½ hour to soften.
- Preheat a non-stick pan, over medium heat. Pan toast the nuts, gently moving them in the pan for even heat distribution. When hazelnuts are lightly browned, add honey. Evenly coat the nuts with the honey and continue to cook. The honey will bubble slightly and reduce, forming a nice caramel coating.
- Remove the nuts from the heat and season with salt. Pour onto a plate and allow hazelnuts to cool thoroughly. Coarsely chop or slightly crush the nuts.
- Thinly slice the bread on a slight bias, and toast if desired.
- Spread mousse of foie gras on bread slices. Sprinkle the top with the candied hazelnuts. Slice bread into smaller points, or to desired size. Garnish lightly with coarse salt to taste and serve.