Duck Fat Mayonnaise
Yield Makes about 1¼ cup
- 1 container duck fat
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Water as needed
Recipe notesMake easy homemade mayonnaise with duck fat for a richly flavored version of this kitchen staple. You’ll find duck fat mayo is a great addition to sandwiches, salads of all kinds, and the base for creamy dressings. Because duck fat solidifies in the refrigerator you may want to remove it and soften it a bit before using. Enjoy it on everything!
- Mayonnaise can be made in a food processor or with an immersion blender.
- Bring duck fat to room temperature, or gently warm in a pot until liquid. Both eggs and duck fat should be at the same temperature for the best results.
- Place all the ingredients except the duck fat in the bowl of the food processor or jar of the immersion blender, and blend completely. Keep it running at medium speed and very slowly add the duck fat - at a slow trickle or drip speed.
- Continue to blend until the mixture thickens in consistency. Add ½ teaspoon of water as you pause to check the consistency. This will help the emulsification process.
- Once mayonnaise reaches a thick, spreadable texture spoon it into a jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to a month.