Duck Fat Roasted Chickpeas
D'Artagnan | Yield: makes about 3 cups
Oven-roasted chickpeas make a deliciously addictive snack. Duck fat makes them extra crisp and flavorful. Here we’ve seasoned them simply with salt and Piment d’Espelette.
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons Duck Fat, melted
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Piment d’Espelette
- Drain chickpeas and rinse well in a mesh sieve. Lay chickpeas on a clean tea towel and dry completely.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Transfer chickpeas to a rimmed baking sheet and toss with the duck fat to coat. Spread the chickpeas out in a single layer. Roast in the oven, tossing occasionally, until deep brown and crispy, about 30-40 minutes.
- Season with salt and Piment d’Espelette, tossing to coat, then roast 2 to 3 minutes more. Cool completely on a paper-towel-lined plate before serving.
Recipe Tips: The chickpeas should be bone-dry before you coat them in duck fat for the crispiest results. Use any combination of spices you like!