Chorizo & Greens Crostini
Yield makes 12 crostini
- Baguette, sliced in ½-inch thin slices on the bias, 12 slices total
- 3 tablespoons Black Truffle Butter, softened
- 3 links D’Artagnan Chorizo, diced
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil (we used avocado oil)
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale, sliced into thin ribbons, thick ribs removed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, sliced thin
Recipe notesMake this easy crostini recipe with smoky chorizo, sauteed kale, and buttery Manchego cheese. These toasts are a perfect snack but special enough for a party.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of truffle butter on both sides of each slice of bread and set them on a sheet pan. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 12 minutes. Cool on the sheet pan.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté chorizo until golden and crisp, and fat is slightly rendered, about 5 minutes. Remove chorizo with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving any rendered fat in the pan.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of oil to the chorizo fat. Add kale, turning to coat. Saute until just softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chorizo; season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook about 1 minute more.
- Spread mixture evenly among toasts. Top with a slice of Manchego. Place back in the oven just long enough for cheese to start to soften, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.