Creamy Caviar Pasta
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: serves 2
This simple dish makes an impressive dinner party first course (and an even better midnight snack for two). Scale the recipe up as needed.
- 2 pastured egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons crème fraîche
- 2 teaspoons finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Freshly ground black pepper, if desired
- 4 ounces egg tagliatelle
- 2 dollops Farm-Raised Ossetra Caviar Malossol
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, crème fraîche, cheese, and pepper, if using. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving a bit of pasta water.
- Whisk about a teaspoon of pasta water into egg and cheese mixture. Repeat. Add hot pasta and turn to coat evenly, adding another spoon or so of pasta water, if needed.
- Split pasta evenly between small, warmed bowls. Top each with a generous dollop of caviar and serve immediately.