Cauliflower Mousse with Caviar
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: serves 6
Make this super simple creamy cauliflower mousse recipe, top with our briny French caviar and serve the elegant appetizer at dinner or even brunch.
- 1 cup firmly packed raw cauliflower flowerets
- 1/2 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut chunks
- Sea salt & finely ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Farm-Raised Ossetra Caviar Malossol
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Carefully add the cauliflower and potato. Cook until soft, about 25 minutes. Drain then puree in a high-speed blender until perfectly smooth. (Alternatively, pass the drained vegetables through a tamis or fine sieve several times until completely smooth.)
- Add the mixture to a heavy saucepan, stirring over medium heat for 2-3 minutes to dry out. Be careful not to burn mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a bowl and cover surface with plastic wrap. Chill thoroughly.
- Whip the heavy cream until firm. Gently fold whipped cream into the cold cauliflower mixture. Spoon into serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, top each dish with a chilled portion of caviar. Serve immediately.