Brown Sugar Candied Bacon
- 1 package Applewood Smoked Bacon
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or foil. Place the bacon in a single layer on the rack without overlapping slices. Put about 1 heaping tablespoon of brown sugar onto each slice of bacon and spread evenly using the back of a spoon. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and all the sugar has melted into a shiny glaze, about 14 – 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the rack before serving.