Cheese Stuffed BBQ Bison Meatballs
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: makes about 18 meatballs
Our tasty bison meatball recipe is stuffed with cheddar cheese and topped with smoky barbecue sauce. These super easy meatballs make a great appetizer for parties.
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup whole milk
- 1 pound Ground Bison
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 18 small (1/2-inch cubes) cheddar cheese
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and milk. Let mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a mixing bowl, add breadcrumb mixture, bison, parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and the egg. Mix until evenly combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Divide meatball mixture into 1-ounce portions (a 1-ounce cookie scoop makes quick work of this). Press 1 cheese cube into each portion, wrap the meat around it and roll into a ball. Make sure each piece of cheese is completely encased in the meatball.
- Place meatballs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Let meatballs rest for a few minutes then top with BBQ sauce and serve.