Surf 'n' Turf Burger
D'Artagnan | Yield: serves 4
Old Bay spiced shrimp, aged cheddar, and Louisiana-style remoulade make this burger extra tasty. Choose large fresh shrimp and season generously.
FOR THE REMOULADE
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
FOR THE BURGERS
- 4 Wagyu Burgers
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thick slices aged white cheddar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 fresh raw prawns, shelled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives
- 4 brioche burger buns
- Bibb lettuce
- Make the remoulade: in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, both mustards, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, capers, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and smoked paprika. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper. Cook your patties to desired doneness (we recommend medium-rare), using a hot oiled grill or pre-heated, lightly-greased cast iron pan. Just before patties are done to your liking, place a slice of cheese on each one and cover for about 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Rest the patties on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes.
- While the patties are resting cook the shrimp. In a medium pan over medium-high heat, add the butter. When bubbly, add shrimp, Old Bay, and chives. Toss to coat. Cook until shrimp are just opaque, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toast the buns, if desired. Dress both sides of each bun with remoulade. Place a piece of lettuce on each bottom bun and add the patties. Place 4 shrimp on each patty then add top bun. Serve immediately.