D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: serves 4
Our Wagyu beef is paired with fig jam, crispy prosciutto, arugula, and a mixture of Gorgonzola and mascarpone in this super tasty burger.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 slices Jambon de Bayonne, or other prosciutto style ham
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 Wagyu Burgers
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons fig jam
- Baby arugula
- 4 brioche buns
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a lightly-oiled large skillet over medium-high heat, crisp the prosciutto, turning as needed. Set aside on paper towels.
- To a small bowl add mascarpone and stir well. Gently fold in Gorgonzola. Set aside.
- Season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper. Cook your patties to desired doneness (we recommend medium-rare), using a hot oiled grill or pre-heated, lightly-greased cast iron pan. Rest the patties on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes.>
- While the burgers are resting, dress the top buns with the herbed mayonnaise and the bottom buns with 2 tablespoons of fig jam and some arugula. Place the patties on top, then spoon on the gorgonzola mixture. Add 2 pieces of prosciutto to each burger and add top buns. Serve immediately.