Venison tenderloin, from New Zealand, grass-fed, raised on tall-grass pastures, with no added antibiotics or growth stimulants. As free-range as it gets without being wild, our venison comes from ranches that practice sustainable methods and provide the deer vast pastures in a pristine environment. Our venison is superior-quality lean red meat that offers great taste, tender texture, and health benefits.
Just the facts
- Authentic, Cervena-certified venison
- Every farm practices sustainable farming methods and humane treatment of animals
- Grass fed, pasture raised
- No antibiotics, hormones or steroids
- High in protein, lower in fat and calories than beef
- Sold as single tenderloin or four per pack
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of New Zealand
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Naturally low in calories and fat, yet packed with nutrients like iron, zinc and B vitamins, Cervena venison is a high-quality protein and one of the healthiest red meats available today. According to the USDA National Nutrient Database, venison has about 20% less fat and about 100 fewer calories per 3.5 ounce serving than beef. It's the ideal meat to include as part of a healthy and balanced diet.
The venison tenderloin should be treated as a beef tenderloin; cooked quickly at high heat so that the interior remains rare to medium rare. It does not require the slow-cooking and low temperatures traditionally used for wild deer, so think outside the braising pan. The tenderloin does not need to be marinated or stewed to render it edible.