Steak & Mango Summer Rolls
Yield Makes 12 rolls
- 1 1/2 ounces rice vermicelli
- Twelve 8-inch round rice paper wrappers
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into long matchsticks
- 6 ounces very thinly sliced leftover Grilled Rib Eye Steak
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
Recipe notesIt's easy to make Southeast Asian-style fresh rolls at home. In this simple summer roll recipe, we use sweet mango, crispy veggies, and leftover grilled ribeye steak, though you can use strip steak or any steak on hand. Once you have the basic technique down, feel free to mix it up with grilled pork, duck, or chicken.
- Fill a medium skillet with hot water. Soak 3 rice paper wrappers at a time in the water for 30 seconds, until just pliable. Transfer to a work surface and blot dry. Top each wrapper with some noodles, herbs, carrot, cucumber and beef. Tightly roll up the wrappers around the filling, tucking in the sides as you roll. Repeat with the remaining fillings.
- In a bowl, stir together the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, sriracha and 2 tablespoons of water. Serve the rolls with the dipping sauce.