Sous Vide Chicken Thighs
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: serves 2-4
Here's a simple sous vide recipe that makes the most of our organic chicken thighs, and yields full-flavored chicken with extra crispy skin.
- 4 Organic Air-Chilled Chicken Thighs
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil (we used avocado oil)
- Using the sous vide equipment of your choice, preheat a water bath to 165 degrees F.
- Pat chicken thighs dry then season both sides with salt and pepper. Place thighs in a single layer in a vacuum bag; vacuum and seal. Place chicken in the water bath and cook for 2 hours.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add about a tablespoon of oil.
- Remove chicken from the bag and blot thoroughly dry with paper towels. (Save rendered juices for pan-sauce if you desire.)
- Sear chicken thighs, starting skin-side down, until golden brown. Turn chicken over and sear meat side, then turn them again to sear skin-side down until maximum crispiness is achieved. Rest chicken for a few minutes before serving.