Smoked Duck & Cherry Salad
Yield 2 SERVINGS
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1/2 head firm, crisp lettuce
- 1 large handful cherries, pitted and roughly chopped (about 1/2 to 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chervil sprigs (optional)
- 1 Smoked Duck Breast, thinly sliced crosswise
- Crusty bread, for serving
Recipe notesThis easy smoked duck salad will work with most fruit. Try it with fresh figs and persimmons in the fall and raspberries or blackberries in the spring.
- Prepare the dressing: combine the shallot, olive oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wash and dry the lettuce and tear any large leaves into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl along with the cherries, dressing, and chervil, if using. Mix well.
- Divide the salad among two plates and top with the sliced duck. Serve with crusty bread.