Spiced Orange Glazed Ham
Yield 10-15 SERVINGS
- 1 Berkshire Pork Bone-In Spiral Ham, Berkshire Pork Bone-In Smoked Ham, or Berkshire Pork Boneless Smoked Ham
- 1½ cups good quality orange marmalade
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 navel orange, thinly sliced
Recipe notesTry this easy glazed ham recipe for the holidays or any special occasion meal. For a smaller ham, simply cut the citrus glaze recipe and heating time in half.
- Bring ham to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Cover ham with a large piece of parchment paper, then foil. Place ham on a heavy rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until the ham reaches 120 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- In a small saucepan, stir together marmalade, orange juice, Grand Marnier (if using), lemon juice, mustard, brown sugar, and spices and heat over medium flame until syrupy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven, and uncover. Lightly score ham all over in a diamond pattern (this step isn't necessary if using our spiral cut ham). Brush 1/2 of the glaze over ham. Increase temperature to 425 degrees. Bake ham, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Top with orange slices and brush with remaining glaze. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more. Let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.