Lamb Loin en Persillade
Yield 2 SERVINGS
- 1/3 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless lamb loin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Recipe notesFor this traditional French recipe, boneless lamb loin is coated with parsley, garlic, and lemon. The bright and fresh dish makes a wonderful dinner.
- In a food processor, pulse together 2 tablespoons of parsley, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt, until the mixture is smooth. Cover and chill until step 5.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining parsley, garlic, and lemon zest. Season lamb loin with salt and pepper. Rub herb mixture all over lamb loin and place om a rack in a baking dish. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lamb reaches medium-rare, or 135 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove lamb to a cutting board to reast for at least 5 minutes before cutting into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- In a small saucepan heat the parsley sauce over low heat until warmed through. Stir in lemon juice. Divide sauce between 2 plates and top with sliced lamb.