Individually Quick Frozen Foie Gras Medallions
Fall Sitewide Sale
15% OFF Orders $75+
Ends Sunday, October 27th. See details for restrictions.
Frozen / 30 Raw Medallions (4.6 lbs avg total weight)
Our Grade-A foie gras comes from Moulard ducks, raised in low-stress open barns on a farm in New York State, recognized as a premier producer of high-quality foie gras. The ducks are never caged, and no antibiotics or hormones are administered. These sliced medallions are laser cut into perfect single-serving size, then immediately frozen at extremely low temperatures, which retains the texture and integrity of the delicate foie gras.
- Foie gras from Moulard ducks
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- 15 Grade-A raw duck foie gras slices per bag
- Sold by the case: contains 2 bags
- Slices average 2.5 oz. each
- Firm texture, distinctively sweet flavor profile
- Sold frozen, in uncooked state
- Re-sealable aluminum pouch retains freshness
- Keep frozen up to 6 months
- See expiration date on package
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Pan-Sear
Cooking Tips: Our individually frozen foie medallions are a great way to indulge on a whim. Slices can be thawed or cooked straight from the freezer. To cook from frozen, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Season the medallions liberally with salt. Pre-heat a skillet over high heat until very hot, then sear the foie gras slices for about 15 seconds on each side. Place the seared medallions on a baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for no more than 4 minutes. Serve immediately. For a classic dish, serve with fig or plum jam and toasted brioche. But don't be afraid to get creative as seared foie gras is surprisingly versatile. Try it with sautéed apples and a cider reduction, on a hot waffle with maple syrup, or as a decadent topping for a burger. The possibilities are endless.