Individually Quick Frozen Foie Gras Medallions
- This item is not eligible to be shipped to California
- Foie gras from Moulard ducks
- Firm texture, distinctively sweet flavor profile
- 15 Grade-A raw duck foie gras slices per bag
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- Ducks eat a corn and soy diet
- Sold by the case: contains 2 bags
- Slices average 2.5 oz. each
- Re-sealable aluminum pouch retains freshness
- Sold frozen, in an uncooked state
- Keep frozen up to 6 months
- See expiration date on package
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
- Subscription Eligible
Cooking Methods: Pan-Sear
Cooking Tips: Our individually frozen foie medallions are a great way to indulge on a whim. Slices can be thawed or cooked straight from the freezer. To cook from frozen, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Season the medallions liberally with salt. Pre-heat a skillet over high heat until very hot, then sear the foie gras slices for about 15 seconds on each side. Place the seared medallions on a baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for no more than 4 minutes. Serve immediately. For a classic dish, serve with fig or plum jam and toasted brioche. But don't be afraid to get creative as seared foie gras is surprisingly versatile. Try it with sautéed apples and a cider reduction, on a hot waffle with maple syrup, or as a decadent topping for a burger. The possibilities are endless.
Our foie gras is produced from Moulard ducks raised in New York State at the first farm of its type in the U.S.
The ducks live in deeply bedded barns with constant access to drinking water. They have room to stretch, open their wings, and group together as flock animals do by nature.
Throughout their lives, they eat a whole-grain diet of corn and soy, and no hormones or antibiotics are ever used. Then, during the 3-week gavage period, the ducks live in an open pen holding fewer than a dozen birds and are fed by the same person every day.
Our farm manages all stages of production for superb quality control; they are recognized worldwide as a premier producer of foie gras and Moulard duck products – from beak to tail feather.