Grass-fed Beef Bavette Steak (Sirloin Flap)
fresh: 2 Pieces (5-7 lbs avg)
frozen: 2 Pieces (5-7 lbs avg)
Our 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef sirloin flap is an easy cut to love. Known as bavette in French, which means “bib” and refers to thin meats, the sirloin flap is a somewhat unrecognized cut outside of chef and butcher circles. Similar to the flank and skirt cuts, but with a more robust beefy flavor, it’s great for marinating and then grilling or searing. Be sure to cook to medium or medium-rare, and to slice across the grain. Our grass-fed beef is aged on the hoof – to at least 5 years – and is certified humane, and raised without any hormones, stimulants or antibiotics. This unique vintage beef offers rich, natural flavors and complex marbling with a golden hue, along with all the nutritional benefits of grass-fed beef.
- 100% grass-fed beef – no grains, ever
- Vintage beef – aged at least 5 years on the hoof
- Certified Humane
- Antibiotic and hormone-free –no growth promotants
- Humanely & sustainably grown
- Single sourced
- Fully traceable - to individual ranches, age, and breed of the cattle, quality of pasture, type of feed, animal handling and processing
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of Australia
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
D’Artagnan is the exclusive U.S. purveyor of this certified-humane grass-fed beef from Australia, in partnership with a sixth-generation family-run meat business. In keeping with our principles, the cooperative of small ranches is fully committed to sustainable and ethical practices, and each rancher nurtures the cattle in a stress-free, humane environment.
Pristine, remote locations offer vast pastures with nutritious grasses, and the fresh ocean breezes have been tested and proven to be the cleanest air in the world. The cattle breeds are selected for genetics that deliver consistent quality beef with rich, full flavor and lush texture.
The ranchers proudly maintain the integrity of traditional grass-fed production while taking advantage of technology to trace every cut back to the ranch that produced it. The humane processes are better for the cattle, the ranchers, the environment, and ultimately, for the taste and quality of the beef.