Foie Gras Terrine
- 4 whole lobes Hudson Valley Grade A Duck Foie Gras, about 1 1/2 to 2 lbs each
- 1 tablespoon Coarse sea salt or kosher salt
Recipe notesMake your own terrine of foie gras with this classic 2-ingredient chef recipe. It's one of the simple pleasures in life.
- Rinse foie gras and pat dry. Dice foie gras into 1” x 1” pieces, removing any fat and veins. Spread foie gras out on tray and season with kosher salt. In a cast iron skillet, pan sear foie gras over high heat until dark on all sides, about 1 minute per side. Remove from heat and let rest in a separate pan until cool enough to handle.
- Line a terrine mold with plastic saran wrap, leaving enough plastic wrap to later fold over. Assemble foie gras in terrine making sure to leave no gaps or spaces, layering until the terrine is completely full. Fold plastic over the top and close with the fitted lid. Apply 3 – 5 pounds of weight and put in the refrigerator overnight to set up, at least 6 hours. After terrine is set up, remove from mold and the plastic saran wrap.
- To Serve: Slice with hot knife and season with salt. Serve with toast or bread and mustard.