D'Artagnan Rohan Duck, Whole
Fall Sitewide Sale
15% OFF Orders $75+
Ends Sunday, October 27th. See details for restrictions.
Rohan duck is exclusively available at D’Artagnan. Raised without antibiotics or hormones in open barns, our proprietary hybrid includes the Heritage Mallard and Pekin duck breeds. With a flavor reminiscent of a heritage-breed duck from France, the juicy, tender, rose-colored meat and mild taste make the Rohan™ Duck unique.
- D’Artagnan exclusive
- Unique heritage crossbreed
- Raised to D'Artagnan's exacting standards
- Lean with less fat than a Pekin duck
- Vegetarian diet includes corn and soy
- No antibiotics, no hormones - ever
- Air-chilled; no added water
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Sold in two sizes: 5-5½ lbs and 5½-6 lbs
- Neck attached and giblets included
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
NOTE: It is normal to find some pin feathers or feather shafts on whole ducks. They are easily removed with needle nose pliers, tweezers, or simply your fingers.
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Poach, Smoke
Cooking Tips: Using a fork, prick the skin all over before roasting a whole duck to help the fat render. Add aromatics like shallots, citrus, garlic, and/or herbs to the cavity for flavor. Using a rack or vertical roaster in a shallow roasting pan will allow the skin to crisp nicely. Save the precious rendered fat for another use.