D'Artagnan Rohan Duck Legs
- D’Artagnan exclusive
- Unique heritage crossbreed
- Humanely farm-raised in New York State to D'Artagnan's exacting standards
- Pure vegetarian diet including corn and soy
- No antibiotics, no hormones - ever
- Air-chilled; no added water
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Each leg weighs 9 ounces on average
- Product of USA
- For frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
- Subscription Eligible
NOTE: It is normal to find some pin feathers or feather shafts on whole ducks. They are easily removed with needle nose pliers, tweezers, or simply your fingers.
Cooking Methods: Confit, Braise, Stew, Roast, Barbecue, Sous Vide, Reverse Sear
Cooking Tips: Duck legs should be cooked slow and low for best results. Often braised, roasted, or a combination of the two, duck legs can also be cooked confit or sous vide then finished on the grill or in a ripping hot oven. Cooked then shredded duck leg meat makes a wonderful addition to soups, salads, pasta, grain dishes.
The D’Artagnan Rohan™ duck is a proprietary hybrid of several duck breeds including the Heritage Mallard and the Pekin, and is raised exclusively for us on a farm in New York State.
Like our other ducks, the Rohans are raised cage-free, in open barns with plenty of space and sunlight and eat a vegetarian diet of corn, soy and fresh, clean water.
The ducks are hand-processed on the farm in a USDA-inspected plant. A superior air-chilling process means that the ducks do not retain water, which can affect texture, taste and weight.